GUIDELINES FOR THE TIMOTHY L. WALSH SCHOLARSHIP ENDOWMENT
1. Purpose is to assist deserving young men and women who are pursuing an education at the University of Mississippi.
2. The scholarship is an academic scholarship established under accepted guidelines of the Department of Financial Aid at the University of Mississippi.
3. Recipients shall be full-time students who are lineal descendants of a graduate of the University of Mississippi. First preference will be given to graduates of Christian Brothers High School in Memphis, Tennessee
4. The closest lineal relation of the applicant must be an active member of the Ole Miss Alumni Association, or must have been an active member at the time of his or her death.
5. The Alumni Association Scholarship Committee selects the recipients.
6. Based on National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) and Southeastern Conference (SEC) rules, applicants who have been recruited as student athletes MAY NOT be eligible to receive these scholarships.
7. The scholarship shall be for a maximum of ten (10) semesters or completion of the Baccalaureate degree assuming recipients maintain satisfactory academic progress. The recipient will lose the scholarship if he or she has a judicial file with the university.
8. Members of the alumni staff serve as mentors to each recipient. All recipients are required to meet with their assigned mentors at least one (1) time each fall and spring semester. Failure to do so may result in loss of scholarship.
This form must be received in the Alumni Office by March 1.