The officer structure will consist of a president, vice-president/president-elect, secretary, and treasurer. The Alumni Association may advise the club of potential officers. These officers, who must be active members of the Alumni Association, will be elected for a maximum of two-year terms by a majority vote of club membership at an annual meeting, and will have the following responsibilities:
1) Maintains communication with the club coordinator
2) Serves as chair of the club’s board of directors
3) Presides over all club and board meetings
4) Directs the planning of all activities
5) Assumes responsibility for the success of each activity
6) Attends the Leadership Ole Miss Conference held on campus each year
1) Assists the club president in all aspects of program planning
2) Chairs committees or projects as assigned by the president
3) Performs the duties of the president in his/her absence
1) Chairs the membership committee
2) Monitors alumni lists and notifies the Alumni Office of any changes
3) Other duties as assigned by president
4) Maintains minutes of the board and club meetings
1) Maintains the club’s financial records
2) Chairs the club’s fund-raising committee
3) Gains approval for expenditures from the club’s board of directors
4) Pays all club bills
5) Prepares a detailed comparative two-year annual report of Receipts and Disbursements and a Balance Sheet as of June 30th to the Alumni Office and the local board by July 31st of each year or at an agreed-upon date.
Each club must also create a board of directors. The club President, under the advisement of the Alumni Association, shall appoint members to the board of directors. It is recommended that the board of directors consist of the elected officers, the immediate past president, and eight appointed members. The number of appointed board members may be increased or decreased depending on the size of the club and the availability of qualified members. It is recommended that appointees serve three-year staggered terms. The representatives on the board must be active members of the Alumni Association. This group should represent a cross section of members in terms of age, race, and gender. (In-state clubs should include one member from each county in the club area on the board.) The board shall ensure that all business affairs are managed in the best interest of the Alumni Association and The University of Mississippi.
Clubs are also encouraged to have certain committees. The committees that a club should maintain are: Alumni Recruiting Team (ART), Alumni Association membership, young alumni, scholarship, fund-raising, community service and publicity.