Alumni Service Award
PURPOSE: This award is to recognize those individuals who have consistently demonstrated extraordinary commitment, dedication, leadership, and service to the advancement of the University and the Alumni Association.
· A nomination is required. (Nominations will be considered for three years.)
· The written recommendations must be presented to, or filed with, the Executive Director of the Ole Miss Alumni Association on or before the 1st day of April of each year.
· Those persons who are eligible for membership in the Alumni Association as set forth in Article III of the Association’s Bylaws are eligible for this award unless otherwise specifically provided herein.
· Only living persons who are active members of the Alumni Association are eligible to receive the award.
· Candidates must have been dues paying members of the Alumni Association for 20 years to be considered. These years do not have to be consecutive.
· Philanthropic support of the University or Alumni Association is not to be considered sole justification for selection.
· The intent of this award is to recognize volunteer service to the Alumni Association and to the University over an extended period of time rather than for short-term service.
· One award may presented per year.
· Previous recipients are not eligible for consideration again.
· Current appointed or elected members of the Alumni Board, current members of the Board of Trustees, State Institutions of Higher Learning, and current employees of the University are not eligible for consideration.
· Past Presidents of the Alumni Association, who are otherwise qualified, are eligible for this award.
· Persons currently holding or running for elected state or national public office are not eligible for consideration.
· The recipient must commit to attend the awards ceremony. If a recipient who is selected cannot attend, then the next candidate on the list will be the award recipient.
· The award will be presented at the annual awards ceremony during Homecoming weekend, and the recipient will be expected to make brief acceptance remarks.
· The recipient will receive a suitable engraved plaque and his or her name will be added to a permanent plaque displayed in the Triplett Alumni Center.
If you know someone who should be considered for this award, please click here.